WHAT YOU’LL NEED
For the brownies
- 280g Love Beets Cooked Beetroot (1 pack)
- 80g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, broken
- 130g caster sugar
- 130g soft dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 110g plain flour
- 100g white chocolate, roughly chopped
For the cheesecake topping
- 80g white chocolate
- 80g cream cheese
- 1 small egg
- 50g sour cream
- 25 kirsch-soaked cherries, drained (or you can use fresh, pitted cherries)
WHAT TO DO
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan, gas mark 3. Line a 22cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Put the Love Beets Cooked Beetroot into a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the butter and dark chocolate to a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of lightly simmering water to melt, stirring occasionally. Set aside once melted.
- Add the caster sugar, soft dark brown sugar and eggs to a bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 5 minutes, until pale and thick.
- Using a large metal spoon carefully fold in the blitzed beetroot puree and melted chocolate then the flour and white chocolate chunks, until just combined, be careful not to over mix. Pour into the prepared tin and set aside while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water then set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth then beat in the egg, sour cream and finally the white chocolate, until combined.
- Spoon over the cheesecake mixture, swirl through with a skewer to create a marble effect and scatter over the cherries. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until just set with the slightest wobble in the centre. Cool completely before cutting into squares.