WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 250ml Love Beets cooked beetroot, pureed
- 250ml all purpose flour
- 10ml baking powder
- 30ml caster sugar
- 2,5ml ground cinnamon
- 2,5ml ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 50ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for deep-frying
- 250ml Cream
- 125ml Sugar
- 50g Butter
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
WHAT TO DO
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and fry spoonful of the batter until golden brown and cooked throughout, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the fitters from the oil.
- Place the cooked fitters on a napkin to soak up some of the excess oil.
- Continue until all the fritters are cooked
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10-15 min until thick and glossy.
- Pour the syrup over the fritters and serve.